NOI Graded Motor Imagery
Dr. Prakkash Sharoff (MPT)
For the first time, effective treatment for difficult neuropathic pain states (eg CRPS) is now available.
The Graded Motor Imagery (GMI) course provides the most up to date basic sciences, clinical trials, and clinical use of the programme. It contains a series of lectures, practical sessions and clinical applications.
The term ‘graded motor imagery’ broadly means that in rehabilitation the focus is placed on synaptic exercise and health and is delivered in a graded fashion. The exercising of synapses assumes that the brain is changeable and easily adaptable and gives hope to people with difficult pain states. It involves the use of computers, flashcards, imagined movements and mirror visual feedback.
Evidence for the use of GMI comes from basic sciences (neuroscience) and clinical trials. It can offer substantial improvements in pain and disability in complex regional pain syndrome and phantom limb pain and anecdotally, the GMI programme, or parts of it may offer improvements in a range of chronic pain states such as brachial plexus lesions and osteoarthritis.
- To give knowledge of the neuromatrix paradigm and how the brain changes in pain.
- To provide an awareness of graded exposure and its application to pain neurosignatures.
- To impart practical knowledge and skills of the Graded Motor Imagery ‘process’ – including left/right body discrimination, implicit and explicit motor imagery and mirror therapy.
- To offer some associated educational techniques.
Payment options are mentioned in the Course Registration Form.
Fill the online form to register. Click here.
Kindly note registration will be confirmed only on receipt of payment.
- Hardware requirement: In order to maximise your learning it is recommended you bring to the course a laptop, iPad or Android device with internet connection.
- It is recommended you wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for practice sessions throughout the course.
- Video recording/shooting during the workshop is not allowed. If the above is not adhered to the person may be asked to leave the premises.
- The fee is not refundable. If you would like to swap your dates with another course, kindly arrange for a replacement.